Nesar Yoga Foundation is the natural progression and addition to the services of Ayushya Ayurcare. We are glad to announce the opening of our new Yoga Studio in Malleshwaram West -Bangalore (above Cars24.com) which will compliment and provide authentic Yoga classes and Certified Yoga Teacher’s training to provide long term health benefits to our students and patients alike.
Ayurveda and Yoga go hand in hand to provide complete healthcare to our patients.
Please visit Nesar (meaning Morning Sun in Kannada) Yoga for Therapy Yoga for the following diseases:
- Thyroid Disorders
- Stress Related Disorders
- Respiratory Allergies
- Yoga for Pain Management in
- Osteo- Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Gouty Arthritis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Lumbar Spondylosis
- Frozen shoulder
Pomegranate is a truly magical fruit! It is not surprising why ancient cultures celebrated this fruit as a divine fruit, a symbol of fertility, life, immortality of soul, eternal life, prosperity and so on! Some of the most effective remedies come from simple observations in nature surrounding us and logical thinking! Pomegranate is one such remedy especially in PCOS.
Observe and understand nature!
Technology and overload of information blunts our intelligence and natural instinct
s. Instinctual thinking is the key to self- healing. Remember that human race survived many adversities on earth and excelled merely by empowering their intelligence with observation, logic and instincts! Ancient systems of medicine like Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese medicine developed based on keen observation of nature. Pomegranate is one of the best gifts of nature to explain how power of observation and instincts can help us.
Pomegranate in PCOS:
The shape of pomegranate and internal structure has been compared with that of ovaries. A round structure with tightly packed seeds represents ovaries packed with follicles. This seemingly no-brainer observation is so spot- on! Hence, it has been logically used for disorders pertaining to ovaries and female fertility!
3 ways to use Pomegranate in PCOS:
- Ruby red goodness:
How to use?
Snack on the ruby red pomegranate seeds or toss them in salads as often as possible. Freshly expressed juice of pomegranate every morning on empty stomach is also extremely beneficial in PCOS.
The rich antioxidant and potassium content of pomegranate helps to improve hormonal balance and boosts fertility. It helps in reducing the incidence of acne by reducing male hormone testosterone.
- Pomegranate Peel:
Photo Courtesy: CuraAyurveda
How to use?
Half teaspoon organic pomegranate peel powder should be taken along with aloe-vera juice.
Pomegranate peel powder is extremely rich in anti-oxidants. It helps in reducing excessive or prolonged bleeding triggered by PCOS. Also, it can help in reduce high levels of cholesterol in women with chronic PCOS. Regular intake can also help weight loss.
- Pomegranate seed oil:
How to use?
Apply 2 drops to freshly washed face every night.
Pomegranate seed oil reduces skin damage in PCOS, reduces acne and spots and balances oil on the skin. It completely rejuvenates skin which suffers the most damage in PCOS.
Pomegranate is one such fruit which gives an all rounded solution for many issues related to PCOS. With its rich nutrient profile this fruit must be a part of your PCOS diet.
The perpetual dilemma of what works and what doesn’t when you have PCOS, is the mother of all dilemmas! When it comes to what sweetener helps PCOS without compromising your insulin sensitivity, there are a host of opinions. Right from aspartame to agave the debate on choice of sweetener is intense. Then there is jaggery! Humble, low profile, related to nasty refined sugar; yet amazingly healthy! If sugar is the evil step sister, jaggery is like Cinderella!
Jaggery is solidified or amorphous form of unrefined and un-distilled sugarcane juice. Jaggery is also made from date palm and coconut sap. This super-food sweetener has high alkaline mineral content which makes it extremely beneficial not just for PCOS but for overall health. Research studies show that jaggery helps us fight the damaging free radicals (harmful chemicals produced in our own body which damage our cells) due to it’s high anti-oxidant content and protects our cells. Also, studies show that regular use of jaggery also helps our body cope with air pollution or poor quality of air and protects our lungs form toxicity.
5 ways to use jaggery in PCOS:
Thinking about jaggery only from the glycemic index perspective is a little narrow minded approach to this subject (Glycemic index is the measure of how much sugar any food releases in blood after consumption). Jaggery in PCOS helps myriad health issues aprat from being a much healthier option to refined sugar. However, giving due respect to insulin resistance (imbalance of insulin i.e. reduced ability of our cells to process insulin); moderation has to practiced while using jaggery in PCOS.
- Constipation: Constipation is one of the most common issues faced by women with PCOS. Having 1/2 tsp. jaggery mixed with warm water at bedtime helps to soften stools and relieves constipation.
- Acidity: Jaggery is alkaline in nature. That is, its effect n our body after we consume is alkalizing. Acidity, bloating and stomach irritation is yet another pet peeve of PCOS. 1/4th tsp. jaggery with 1tsp. fennel seeds helps reduce bloating and acidity.
- Sleep: Poor sleep quality i.e. difficulty in either falling asleep or staying asleep top the chart amongst discomforts of having PCOS. 1/4th tsp. of jaggery with 2-3 strands of saffron in a glass of hot organic milk helps to relax the mid and promotes good sleep.
- Anemia: Low hemoglobin levels tend to be common in PCOS. Anemia resulting from this not only makes you more tired and frustrated, it also aggravates the hair loss situation. Hair loss is often triggered by the excess male hormones (i.e. hyperandrogenism) in PCOS. Lack of adequate hemoglobin and iron levels in blood make hair loss worse often leading to balding in women. Jaggery is rich source of iron and supplements natural iron which mush easier to absorb as compared to iron pills. Also, most iron pills trigger constipation and jaggery doesn’t.
- Period irregularity: Having a tsp. of jaggery with a tsp. of black sesame seeds is a traditional remedy in India for delayed periods. This remedy is often given to young girls art menarche to help regularize their cycles. Having jaggery and black sesame seeds first thing in the morning helps with period regularity. Also, sesame seeds are rich source of natural calcium and iron. This combination helps strengthen bones and teeth; boosts hair growth and promotes hormonal balance.
Tips to buy jaggery:
- Color: Darker the jaggery, better it is! Deep brown color in sugarcane jaggery is what we should
- Smell: If you can, try and smell the jaggery. Good jaggery has a faint smell of iron.
- Taste: Good unrefined jaggery has a noticeable taste of iron.
Launched my Patreon page for specific social initiative … please support 🙂
My Name is Dr. Chetali Samant and I am practitioner of Ayurveda and Yoga for the last 12+ years.
I am passionate about educating women on managing their health and taking care of women’s health issues like Polysistic Ovary issues like PCOD and PCOS, Thyroid & Weight Gain management and other related health issues.
I believe its important for families – women and girls in particular to learn, self-educate and manage their health , which in turn impacts the overall health index of their families, communities and countries.
Self reliance and awareness at basic levels on health management is important in order to achieve success in other spheres of life & social well being eg. Career, Education and overall physical and mental well being .
A women represents a wider audience in the family as she plays the role of Mother, Daughter, Friend, Sister and Wife. The health of the entire family and communities in general depends on how good is the health of a women in our society.
Supporting on Patreon will allow me to spread awareness and provide help on implementing various initiatives. Your contribution will help create educational content for people worldwide, to get access to proper healthcare, generate educational content like getting help with animations for new videos or even assistance with editing the content !
This would be of huge help to make more frequent videos and free up some of my time to do important things like trying be a good Mother 🙂 !
This will also make me keep generating advertisement free-unbiased content.
In short –
- Help Generate more Content for educating girls and women in general on my website curaayurveda.wordpress.com
- Conduct workshops and yoga sessions for deserving women/girls for managing their health issues across various locations. Cover the cost of conducting such programs.
- Hold health-check camps at various locations through out India and other places where access to healthcare is limited.
Several great reward levels allow you to tailor your subscription. Choose any one – even at $1, so you have access to great information on health related aspects and also serve the above mentioned larger purpose !
If you’d like to go above and beyond to help me do things like travel for an episode, invest in equipment, create animations, help designers to make info graphics (for twitter/instagram/facebook), and pay for deserving poor girls and women’s healthcare …. picking any of the larger support levels will certainly help do these things!
I believe it goes without saying that I would greatly appreciate your financial support. I’ll say it anyways though-Thank you ! I greatly appreciate it.
Also please help spread the word around on this initiative among your family and friends.
The Patreon model has us place rewards here to entice you to donate, but if we’re both honest… you’re here because you understand what I’m trying to do with this, and you think the 100+ hours I put into most videos is worth it! You’re a fellow thinker and doer.
Dr. Chetali Samant
– Pledges are per article, Video content.
– You can cap your monthly amount
– Thank you so much for stopping by, every little bit helps!
Nothing excites us more than super foods, antioxidants and tips which really work, when it comes to losing weight in PCOS! In an almost delusional barrage of magical tips and tricks thrown at us on every possible platform, losing weight in PCOS is made to look like an easy affair that can be achieved in matter of days. Don’t get me wrong, it is very much easy and possible to lose weight in PCOS. However, it is important to keep it real! Weight loss in PCOS is gradual and only achieved with the right kind of foods and regular exercise! Green bean coffee extract has created quite a stir in the area of weight loss in general in the recent times! In this article we will see whether green bean coffees extract is truly the magic supplement we are all looking for or just another gimmick!
What is green bean coffee extract?
Green bean coffee extract is the extract of unroasted coffee beans. It contains high amount of chlorogenic acid which is known to influence glucose and fat metabolism. PCOS develops due to imbalance of glucose metabolism owing to the insulin resistance.
Does it really work?
There are not enough research studies which have studies the effects of green bean coffee extract for weight loss on large number of women with PCOS or men with insulin resistance. However, the profile of green bean coffee extract does make is a promising supplement in weight loss due to its impact on insulin resistance. Everything possible in terms of diet and lifestyle to bring insulin resistance under control is a must do thing in PCOS! This makes green bean coffee extract worth a try if you are trying to lose weight in PCOS.
How to take Green Bean Coffee Extract?
The dose of green bean coffee extract depends on the percentage of chlorogenic acid in a particular brand and best to check the label when you buy. Lower the percentage of chlorogenic acid higher is the required dose is a general rule that is seen in these supplements.
Thus, it is worth mentioning that green bean coffee extract indeed has a very impressive profile in terms of its composition. If you are doing all the efforts for managing your PCOS, green bean coffee extract can be definitely included in your routine to help weight loss and manage insulin resistance.
More on Green Bean Coffee:
Any time, any discussion about weight loss takes place, lemon and honey routine is on the forefronts! Does lemon and honey really work for PCOS? Here is what I feel: