Aside Posted on Updated on
Came across the idiom : When life gives you lemons, make lemonade !
Contrary to the definition of lemons ( A defective product, or anything that doesn’t work very well; something which breaks constantly, particularly a car ), the lemon fruit is full of usefulness. It has a wide variety of use as a herbal medicine in home remedies and also used extensively in Ayurvedic medication.
Juicy, acidic, and flavorful lemon is the most widely used citrus fruit . It is the smallest among citrus fruits yet contains more health benefiting nutrients than oranges . Available in all seasons and grown worldwide – its usage as a scrub for enhancing beauty , as a toxin remover when consumed internally in various forms and recipes is well known . A multi-purpose fruit and medicinal herb.
- Lemons help maintain Body pH balance – as its acidic by nature but turns Alkaline when consumed.Hence a great food for Pitta “Body Type”
- Lemon is a natural energizer and also helps in digestive disorders.
- Relieves Tooth ache, respiratory problems
- Helps reduce sore throat
- Flushes out toxins from the body and acts as blood purifier
- Cut Lemon into 2 parts and dip in sugar and use as a face scrub
- Helps reduce fever.