Launched my Patreon page for specific social initiative … please support 🙂
My Name is Dr. Chetali Samant and I am practitioner of Ayurveda and Yoga for the last 12+ years.
I am passionate about educating women on managing their health and taking care of women’s health issues like Polysistic Ovary issues like PCOD and PCOS, Thyroid & Weight Gain management and other related health issues.
I believe its important for families – women and girls in particular to learn, self-educate and manage their health , which in turn impacts the overall health index of their families, communities and countries.
Self reliance and awareness at basic levels on health management is important in order to achieve success in other spheres of life & social well being eg. Career, Education and overall physical and mental well being .
A women represents a wider audience in the family as she plays the role of Mother, Daughter, Friend, Sister and Wife. The health of the entire family and communities in general depends on how good is the health of a women in our society.
Supporting on Patreon will allow me to spread awareness and provide help on implementing various initiatives. Your contribution will help create educational content for people worldwide, to get access to proper healthcare, generate educational content like getting help with animations for new videos or even assistance with editing the content !
This would be of huge help to make more frequent videos and free up some of my time to do important things like trying be a good Mother 🙂 !
This will also make me keep generating advertisement free-unbiased content.
In short –
- Help Generate more Content for educating girls and women in general on my website curaayurveda.wordpress.com
- Conduct workshops and yoga sessions for deserving women/girls for managing their health issues across various locations. Cover the cost of conducting such programs.
- Hold health-check camps at various locations through out India and other places where access to healthcare is limited.
Several great reward levels allow you to tailor your subscription. Choose any one – even at $1, so you have access to great information on health related aspects and also serve the above mentioned larger purpose !
If you’d like to go above and beyond to help me do things like travel for an episode, invest in equipment, create animations, help designers to make info graphics (for twitter/instagram/facebook), and pay for deserving poor girls and women’s healthcare …. picking any of the larger support levels will certainly help do these things!
I believe it goes without saying that I would greatly appreciate your financial support. I’ll say it anyways though-Thank you ! I greatly appreciate it.
Also please help spread the word around on this initiative among your family and friends.
The Patreon model has us place rewards here to entice you to donate, but if we’re both honest… you’re here because you understand what I’m trying to do with this, and you think the 100+ hours I put into most videos is worth it! You’re a fellow thinker and doer.
Dr. Chetali Samant
– Pledges are per article, Video content.
– You can cap your monthly amount
– Thank you so much for stopping by, every little bit helps!
Before you go on a detox-
- Reduce the amount of caffeine intake
- Avoid refined sugar, artificial colors and flavors, alcohol, refined flour products (maida), bakery products, carbonated drinks and meat
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water preferably hot water
- Maintain a daily exercise routine of minimum 30 minutes at least three times a week
- Eat whole grain products like oats, whole wheat foods, and brown rice
On the day of detox-
- Take a glass of warm water with juice of half lemon and teaspoon of pure honey first thing in the morning around 6 am
- Wait till you feel hungry. Once hungry, take a bowl of fresh fruits- apples, papaya, sweet lime, melons and any seasonal fruit except banana. Or, you can go for a bowl of dried fruits like apricots, dates; raisins (black and white) avoiding any nuts like almonds, pistachios and cashews. The portion of this breakfast should be about a cup
- Drink plenty of hot water or freshly extracted fruit juice. Strictly avoid canned juices
- Eat fruits, fruit juice, dried fruits, clear vegetable soup , freshly cut vegetable salad with little curd (no salt) whenever hungry
- Exercise should be kept moderate e.g. a 30 min walk
- Do not sleep during the day. Avoid watching TV, browsing on social media etc. to help the mind focus completely on the detox
- Practice Yoga- pranayama, shavasana etc to help your body detox
- Take a warm water bath, scrubbing your body thoroughly with a loofah.
- Drink homemade herbal tea like lemon grass tea, coriander-cumin kashaya etc.
- Never go hungry! Eat fruits whenever you are hungry. If very hungry you can take bowl of oatmeal porridge with little milk and raisins. Or else continue the fruit fast and end the fast in the evening with clear vegetable soup, vegetable salad or oatmeal porridge
- Do not eat any fruits after sunset. Take dinner at around 6.30 or 7 pm. Keep a gap of three hours between dinner and bedtime
Day after detox-
- Take a glass of warm water with lemon juice and honey and wait till you are hungry
- Take a light breakfast of oatmeal, just fruits, millets etc.
- Do not have tea or coffee. Green tea, flower tea or herb tea are fine.
- Drink plenty of water. Snack on a fruit or two during mid-morning. For lunch take rice daal/mung bean or lentil soup or vegetable salad or vegetable soup
- Avoid eating spices (garam masala), fish and meat for up to three days past the detox. Tea can be resumed on the second day after detox
- Exercise regularly. Get at least 6 to 7 hours of sleep. Practice yoga
Important things about the detox-
- You may not lose weight immediately after detox. It will take you three to four sessions of detox to start losing weight
- You can repeat the cycle after 15 to 30 day depending on your strength
- It is normal to get more then 4 or 5 loose bowel movements on the day of detox. Do not panic and drink plenty of water. Do not take very sugary fruit juices like sweet lime if you get more than 10 motions
- You may get heaviness in the head, feverish feeling during the detox which is because of toxin expulsion by the body
- Feeling some amount of weakness is normal after the detox
- Apart from the fast you can continue the other diet rules on daily basis
Around 4 years ago on my husband’s birthday, I made an investment ( i thought of it as a donation for a good cause at that point in time) of 3700 INR in RangDe and almost forgot about it till date !
Today, i got a mail from them giving a snapshot of my “investment” . Here it is ..What surprised me – was the way this money has grown on its own on its own and without any active involvement from my end !
Goes without saying, this was my best investment till date in the finance world 🙂 !
I do not intend to profit from it but it helps on how RangDe has managed the investment and reinvested in helping the poor to rediscover themselves.
I feel, this is a better way to donate (rather invest) in the health-wealth and well being of fellow citizens of this nation over other means. It provides complete visibility to the donor and helps make better decisions.
Our new wellness clinic (2nd branch in Malleshwaram-Bangalore, India) for various Ayurvedic treatments and Yoga was opened on 15th Aug 2017.
Following therapies and treatment options are available
- Online Consultation
- PCOD / PCOS management
- Weight Loss, Skin and Hair loss Issues
- Detox therapy
- Allergies and Wheezing
- Joint Pains
- Ayurvedic Detox
- Arthritis Management
- Psoriasis /Eczema
- Children’s Health Mgmt
- Diet and lifestyle plan
- Panchakarma Treatment
- Yoga classes for specific disease management
- Children’s Counselling
- Medical Consultations
- Ayurvedic Beauty therapies
In case of any queries , appointments please contact by phone or filing in details below.
Tough Questions on Weight Loss Answered! How long Does it take to Loose Weight with Yoga and Ayurveda?
Losing weight is one of most sought after health fix. Be it PCOS, thyroid imbalance, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, osteoarthritis or myriad of other illnesses- weight loss may be your best shot at getting healthier. Easier said than done, as weight loss is not easy in any of these illnesses. Yoga and Ayurveda have emerged as the go-to solution for weight loss, especially in these challenging disorders. However, we all should know that there is so much more to Ayurveda and Yoga than just weight loss benefits.
The most common question that clients ask is ” how long will it take me to lose weight if I start Yoga and Ayurveda?”. Tough to answer I would say. Weight loss depends upon :
- Your body type- For example, people with Vata and Pitta body type lose weight much faster than Kapha Body type
- Nature, severity and chronicity of your health problem
- Diet and lifestyle changes- Weight loss is much faster when you opt for healthier diet and lifestyle that complements your body type and Yoga routine.
How soon does the weight loss start after adopting Yoga and Ayurveda ?
If your weight loss plan is designed with the above three factors at its helm, weight loss should start within the first two weeks. However, some of you may still need support of additional Ayurvedic medicines, if your health issues are severe and chronic.
What is a good rate of weight loss?
As we are discussing Yoga, Ayurveda and healthy weight loss options, realistic goal should be losing 2 kg per month. Weight loss may be much higher (3-4 kg/month) for some of you, however on an average 2 kg/month is much tangible goal for most.
How soon can I reach my weight loss target with Yoga, Ayurveda and diet?
This is tricky as it depends on how much weight you need to shed. For a target of 10 kg weight loss, 6-7 months should be a realistic time span, provided you are focused and committed to the plan. Non-gimmicky weight loss, especially with Yoga and Ayurveda, takes time, commitment and patience both on part of the client and physician.
Will I gain back the weight if I stop Ayurvedic medicines and Yoga?
Your weight loss journey with Yoga and Ayurveda is also a learning process. During your weight loss process, you will learn exactly what works and does not. It will enable you to make smarter decisions and better choices when it comes to your health. This is what will help you to keep the weight off.
Also, as Ayurvedic medicines (which are prescribed correctly) create permanent changes in your metabolism, weight loss should continue even after completing the course of medicines.
Yoga practice should never be stopped. Ideally, Yoga practice should be done at least 4 consecutive days of the week for a minimum of 45 minutes post weight loss . Remember that weight can pile on very quickly if your diet and lifestyle choices are poor.
What Ayurvedic Medicines can I take for Weight loss?
Ayurvedic medicines and supplements that can be taken for weight loss are Neem, Triphala, Aloe vera juice, Varanadi kashaya, Garcinia cambogia etc. Note that the exact dosage and duration of medications has to be decided by an Ayurvedic physician before you start any Ayurvedic supplements. Also, a full body check up- including markers for kidney, liver, cardiac disorders, hormone profiles, vitamin levels etc. are a must before starting any weight loss plan.
Have you been ignoring a nagging lower back pain? Ever dismissed a constant yellowish, greenish or watery vaginal discharge as ‘nothing serious’? These nagging issues which most women prefer to put on the back burner, could be pointing towards a common, yet serious condition called Pelvic Inflammatory Disease a.k.a. PID!
Pelvic inflammatory disease is one of the most common and preventable causes of infertility in women. It is an infection of the upper genital tract most commonly due to sexually transmitted diseases. Ayurveda offers safest, long lasting and best solutions for PID by eliminating root causes of inflammation in the body.
You can suspect PID if you experience the following signs and symptoms:
- Dull pain lower abdomen and pelvis (area below the navel)
- Lower back pain
- White, yellow, green or watery vaginal discharge many a times with foul odor
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding in between periods or after intercourse
- Pain during intercourse
- Frequent fevers with chills
- Painful urination or difficulty while passing urine
Your Immune system and PID:
Harmful bacteria are always present in the vaginal tract. Yet, they never lead to diseases due to the costant vgilance of strong immune system. Microorganisms can lead to a full blown infection only when our body’s defenses are poor or weakened due to faulty diet and lifestyle. Treating PID with conventional treatments like antibiotic therapy will help control symptoms. However, they cannot prevent PID from recurring. Strengthening your immune system is the most crucial aspect and the largest benefit of treating PID with Ayurveda. Tips from Ayurveda to strengthen your immune system are:
- Eliminate causes of inflammations: Avoid food which trigger inflammation like red meat, fat rich food like cheese, refined sugar, refined flour, overtly spicy and food.
- Include foods which boost immunity: Include plenty of bitter and astringent vegetables like asparagus, lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, fresh coriander etc. Spices and herbs like turmeric, ginger, cumin, coriander,fennel, mint, parsley etc. help in strengthening immunity.
Ayurvedic herbs effective in PID:
Ayurvedic medicines help in PID by balancing digestion, boosting immunity and reducing inflammation. Ayurvedic medicines that can be used in PID are:
- Ashoka (Saraca indica)– Ashoka is popularly used in the form of Ashokarishta in Ayurveda. It has powerful
anti-oxidant properties and helps in reducing inflammation in PID. Owing to its astringent qualities, Ashoka works as a uterine tonic and boosts the health of reproductive organs. Apart for PID, Ashoka can also be used for regularizing menstrual cycle in PCOS.
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)– Turmeric, a highly effective Ayurvedic herb and popular Indian spice is extremely beneficial in PID. It’s antimicrobial properties are at par with anti-biotics. Hence, turmeric helps in bringing down infections and also strengthens immunity in PID.
- Dhataki (Woodfordia floribunda)– Use of astringent herbs like Dhataki is commonly seen in Ayurveda in the treatment of various gynecological disorders. Dhataki is an ingredient of classical Ayurvedic powder combination Pushyanuga churna, often prescribed in PID. Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of Dhataki surely make a must-use herb in PID.
- Daruharidra (Berberis aristata)– Daruharidra helps in reducing inflammation of reproductive tissues in PID.
Due to its anti-microbial properties, it helps in controlling the infection. Daruharidra is used in Ayurveda in the treatment of several conditions like IBS, colitis, eye disorders etc.
- Nagakesar (Mesua ferrea)– Fragrant flowers of Nagakesar are used in Ayurveda in several Gynecological conditions. Nagakesar has astringent qualities and helps in reducing muscle cramps, vaginal discharge and infections in PID.
These herbs work well for women suffering from recurrent attacks of PID. However, complications of PID like tubal blockage and infertility require detailed consultation and prescription medicines by a qualified Ayurvedic physician. Also, any patient experiencing severe abdominal pain, high grade fever with vomiting etc. in PID should see a doctor immediately as it may require emergency treatments.
Disclaimer: Advice given above does not replace treatment or medical advice and is for information purpose only.
Managing PCOS naturally is definitely overwhelming.There is lot to take in and process when it comes to diet tips, exercise routines, super foods, Ayurvedic medicines and many more. Getting organized with your approach to your PCOS management is crucial for success! Here are the steps for getting organized your PCOS management with the help of Ayurveda:
1. Identify your problem areas!
For those who have already had a consultation with an endocrinologists or a PCOD expert,you might have already accomplished this first step. It involves detailed health check up and investigations (blood and Ultrasonography) to understand the nature and extent of your PCOS. Also, vitamin deficiencies like B12, Vit. D etc. which have a huge impact on both development as well as treatment outcomes PCOS may be detected during this phase.
Identifying problem areas gives you clarity towards choosing right diet, exercise and Yoga. Also, your Ayurvedic physician will suggest the right Ayurvedic supplements and therapies based on these findings.
Ayurvedic physician will analyze your appetite, digestion, unique body type or Prakriti which are crucial for the next step.
2. Choose the right Ayurveda therapies and supplements!
Once the problem areas are identified with required investigations and Ayurvedic analysis, therapies and supplements are recommended. Some of the must do Ayurvedic therapies especially for women with obesity and infertility due to PCOS are:
Virechana and Vamana– Types of Ayurvedic cleansing procedures that involve thorough detoxification. These should be done strictly under the guidance of Ayurvedic physician. When done correctly, Panchakarma therapies have high success rates in PCOS both in terms of weight loss and infertility.
Adhere to the Ayurvedic treatment plans designed for you as strictly as possible. Ayurvedic treatment is lengthy especially in chronic PCOS cases and may last anywhere between 6 months to 1 year.
3.Choose practical and realistic diet plan!
A well rounded diet sits at the helm of PCOS management. Apart from the focus on including all the right foods, superfoods, home remedies and must-do diet rules; your diet plan has to practical and realistic.This is very critical for the sustainability of any diet plan.
An impractical and idealistic diet plan will add to your stress instead of helping you. Choose your diet wisely based on your lifestyle, ethnic eating habits and your unique Ayurvedic body type. Also, eating healthy every three to four hours is critical for insulin balance in PCOS.
Plan your meals in advance by planning your weekly grocery shopping. It is easy to whip up a healthy meal, when your pantry and refrigerator are well stocked. Proactivity is very essential in making your PCOS diet plan a success.
4.Choose exercise and Yoga mindfully!
Each person is unique and so is their PCOS. Mindless exercising seldom gives results. Moreover, it can be detrimental to your commitment towards managing your PCOS and taking charge of your health.
Hence, choose your exercise routines and Yoga mindfully. Your Ayurvedic physician will guide you regarding the nature of exercise routines and Yoga that will complement your body type and PCOS.
5.Set timelines and goals!
Any task done without setting definite goals is deemed for failure. Goal setting again should be realistic. This is best done by discussing the course of your treatment with your Ayurvedic physician. For example, in how much time can we expect results with weight loss, regularity of menses, hormonal balance etc. Your Ayurvedic physician should also discuss with you the medical reassessment in terms of ultrasonography to assess the status of polycystic ovaries, laboratory investigations for levels of hormones etc. during or after the treatment.
Goal setting will motivate you to adhere to your diet, exercise and Yoga routines and also help in ensuring positive outcomes with your PCOS management.