Our new wellness clinic (2nd branch in Malleshwaram-Bangalore, India) for various Ayurvedic treatments and Yoga was opened on 15th Aug 2017.
Following therapies and treatment options are available
- Weight Loss, Skin and Hair loss Issues
- PCOD / PCOS management
- Allergies and Wheezing
- Joint Pains
- Ayurvedic Detox
- Arthritis Management
- Psoriasis /Eczema
- Children’s Health Mgmt
- Diet and lifestyle plan
- Panchakarma Treatment
- Yoga classes for specific disease management
- Children’s Counselling
- Medical Consultations
- Ayurvedic Beauty therapies
In case of any queries , appointments please contact by phone or filing in details below.
Tough Questions on Weight Loss Answered! How long Does it take to Loose Weight with Yoga and Ayurveda?
Losing weight is one of most sought after health fix. Be it PCOS, thyroid imbalance, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, osteoarthritis or myriad of other illnesses- weight loss may be your best shot at getting healthier. Easier said than done, as weight loss is not easy in any of these illnesses. Yoga and Ayurveda have emerged as the go-to solution for weight loss, especially in these challenging disorders. However, we all should know that there is so much more to Ayurveda and Yoga than just weight loss benefits.
The most common question that clients ask is ” how long will it take me to lose weight if I start Yoga and Ayurveda?”. Tough to answer I would say. Weight loss depends upon :
- Your body type- For example, people with Vata and Pitta body type lose weight much faster than Kapha Body type
- Nature, severity and chronicity of your health problem
- Diet and lifestyle changes- Weight loss is much faster when you opt for healthier diet and lifestyle that complements your body type and Yoga routine.
How soon does the weight loss start after adopting Yoga and Ayurveda ?
If your weight loss plan is designed with the above three factors at its helm, weight loss should start within the first two weeks. However, some of you may still need support of additional Ayurvedic medicines, if your health issues are severe and chronic.
What is a good rate of weight loss?
As we are discussing Yoga, Ayurveda and healthy weight loss options, realistic goal should be losing 2 kg per month. Weight loss may be much higher (3-4 kg/month) for some of you, however on an average 2 kg/month is much tangible goal for most.
How soon can I reach my weight loss target with Yoga, Ayurveda and diet?
This is tricky as it depends on how much weight you need to shed. For a target of 10 kg weight loss, 6-7 months should be a realistic time span, provided you are focused and committed to the plan. Non-gimmicky weight loss, especially with Yoga and Ayurveda, takes time, commitment and patience both on part of the client and physician.
Will I gain back the weight if I stop Ayurvedic medicines and Yoga?
Your weight loss journey with Yoga and Ayurveda is also a learning process. During your weight loss process, you will learn exactly what works and does not. It will enable you to make smarter decisions and better choices when it comes to your health. This is what will help you to keep the weight off.
Also, as Ayurvedic medicines (which are prescribed correctly) create permanent changes in your metabolism, weight loss should continue even after completing the course of medicines.
Yoga practice should never be stopped. Ideally, Yoga practice should be done at least 4 consecutive days of the week for a minimum of 45 minutes post weight loss . Remember that weight can pile on very quickly if your diet and lifestyle choices are poor.
What Ayurvedic Medicines can I take for Weight loss?
Ayurvedic medicines and supplements that can be taken for weight loss are Neem, Triphala, Aloe vera juice, Varanadi kashaya, Garcinia cambogia etc. Note that the exact dosage and duration of medications has to be decided by an Ayurvedic physician before you start any Ayurvedic supplements. Also, a full body check up- including markers for kidney, liver, cardiac disorders, hormone profiles, vitamin levels etc. are a must before starting any weight loss plan.
Each individual is unique and so is their PCOS! Not all women with PCOS have weight issues. PCOS can affect both thin as well as obese women. Not all women with PCOS have menstrual irregularity. Also, while some may have delayed or scanty periods due to PCOS, other suffer form heavy bleeding and prolonged period in PCOS. Although insulin resistance triggers the hormonal imbalances in PCOS, not all women show high levels of insulin or high blood sugar in their blood work!
Although, many women suffer from facial hair/ hirsutism, not all have high levels of testosterone. Just the way we manage all these varied presentation of PCOS differently for every patient, planning meal plans also needs customization!
Creating your own meal plan for PCOS is very simple and a great DIY activity. Here are 5 simple rules that you can follow to design your own PCOS meal plan.
- Identify your problem areas: Understanding your PCOS is the first step to designing
any meal plan. Which of the following is affecting you:
- Weight gain/ difficulty in loosing weight
- Hunger pangs, food cravings , binging or lack of appetite
- IBS, constipation, acidity or stomach bloating and gases
- Body aches, pains, muscle spasms
- Menstrual irregularity- heavy bleeding/scanty bleeding, delayed periods/periods occur too often
- Stress, moods swings, PMS, depression/anxiety, sleep disturbances\
- Lack of energy, exhaustion
- Hair loss
- Facial hair
- Pre-diabetic changes (HbA1C- 5.7-6.4%, Blood Sugar higher than normal)
Shortlist which of the above areas affect you. Based on your list you can start working out a meal plan. You may need the guidance of a professional in case you are not able to understand this area on your own.
2. 5 meals a day:
To ensure hormonal balance in PCOS, eating every 3-4 hours is a must. This eating pattern helps in regularizing insulin functions and ensures steady blood glucose levels- which are a must! Giving long gaps between two meals or skipping meals fuels hormonal imbalances and weight gain in PCOS.
5 points to remember are:
- Have your breakfast within 45 minutes of getting up. This ensures optimum insulin functions. This habit also helps get rid of lethargy and exhaustion, which are triggered by insulin resistance.
- Portion of every meal should be eat 3/4 of your capacity. This helps in regularizing hunger and intake. Also, it helps in preventing overeating.
- Have your dinner as early as possible. Metabolism and digestion slow down after sunset. Hence, in PCOS where metabolism and digestion are already at their rock bottom, early dinner is a must.
3. Keep it simple:
Keeping your PCOS meal plan as simple as possible, is the key to make it a sustainable and doable meal plan. PCOS meal plan needs to be deigned based on your ethnic eating habits which are familiar with.You can include super foods which are not a part of your ethnic eating habits. However, major portion of your meals should be foods which you and your body is familiar with. This make sure that you don’t have to learn special or complex skills or recipes. If you have to start learning too many new skills in kitchen, this is where most people give up on meal plans. Also, designing a meal plan which is way out your comfort zone in also makes it less sustainable and less mentally acceptable to many women.
- Choose recipes which have less than five ingredients and take no more than 20 minutes of cooking time
- Choose one pot meals that are loaded with whole grains and veggies
- Keep it economical! You don’t have to go broke in order to manage your PCOS. Budget your monthly grocery and food expenses to keep your meal plans economical. Use those coupons, in store offers and sales to get value for money while you shop for groceries
4. Wholesome is the rule:
Every meal, be it breakfast, snack , lunch, evening snack or dinner; make sure to include wholesome ingredients. Organic, locally grown foods, super foods, whole foods and seasonal foods are the once which will help you get rid of PCOS.
5. Final steps for designing PCOS meal plan:
- Make a grocery shopping list with with all the healthy food that are available in your area.
- List down 7-8 each of breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner and healthy desert ideas. Find recipes which are easy and print them. Make a binder book of these recipes and keep them in your kitchen for easy reference.
- No meal plans work without planning! Every Saturday plan your next week meals based on your recipe book and your grocery list and stick to it.
These are some pointers that can help you get organized with your PCOS management. Remember it takes at least 90 days to form any good habit. Do not give up on your PCOS meal plan unless you have tried it word to word for three to four months.
To make your PCOS meal plan work , include a healthy exercise and Yoga routine to go with it. Also, see your doctor regularly in case your require medications and regular check ups.
Ok, lets start with a quick trivia – What is the difference between the term Marriage and Wedding ?
Wedding is the ceremony to get into a relationship called Marriage 🙂
Therefore inviting people by writing “You are invited to my wedding.” is correct rather than saying “You are invited to my marriage”.
Every young girl dreams of getting married to her prince charming some day in a fairy tale manner. Weddings in any culture are a big moment for any girl or groom for that matter.
Girls from the subcontinent like India, Pakistan, Middle East Asia (UAE, Dubai) etc. have a long drawn tradition of preparing for the wedding-months in advance.
These days Bollywood style weddings are quite a rage in India and with Indians settled abroad in US, UK and other parts of the world.
Most often the preparation involves Guest list planning, Venue Selection, Wedding Jewelry,Clothing, Food, logistics and following the traditional rituals during the wedding ceremony.
On a personal front though, the bride and the groom focus on enhancing their appearance only at the last moment.
This typically involves, hiring a bridal makeup artist or specialist to do makeup during engagement and wedding events.
There are very few who really focus on wedding “make over”.
Most of my clients are confused between MakeUp and MakeOver especially for such a big event in their life called Wedding.
In order to appear “your Best” during the wedding period, its not only important to focus on Makeup, Jewelry, Clothing aspects but also on enhancing your personality and health.
In order to appear your best during the wedding period, we generally recommend to start the basic preparation of focusing on your health and lifestyle aspects at least 4-6 months in advance. This would involve focus on your diet, daily routine , building stamina and focusing on critical health aspects like managing your periods,PCOD related issues etc., skin care , dental hygiene and hair care. The most important aspect governing most of these health areas is Diet and lifestyle modifications.
Consult a good dietitian and make subtle changes in your lifestyle based on your health issues can prepare you for the big day and the life after wedding 🙂
Started actively consulting clients in Bangalore on Ayurvedic Lifestyle management, diet & nutrition aspects, Ayurveda, yoga and various chronic health concerns esp.. Joint pains, Asthama, Diabetes, old age issues, Menstrual issues, Children’s health, Eczema etc.
For appointments you can reach me via phone or email as mentioned below.
I can be reached on +91 09482689840
or via email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
9th Cross Malleshwaram, Margosa Road, (Besides, 9th cross Bus stop)